NuNaturals, NuStevia White Stevia Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

€15.08
€21.55
Savings of: €6.47 (30% off)
Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Best taste, but beware!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Nov 02, 2007

The good news is there's a no-carbohydrate variety. However, this product contains 1 gm of maltodextrin per serving. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate with one of the highest glycemic values of any food - 137! I will no longer purchase this product because I use more than one serving when I use it, which means a greater spike in glucose and insulin levels. Because the GI value is so high, this causes the same effect as eating any other sugar-laden food. How ironic is this, but unfortunately it's very true. Go for the no-carbohydrate variety.

NuNaturals NuStevia

Posted by Reviewer1911127 on Feb 08, 2009

I was really pleased with the quick service with this product. I wish it was one of the stevia's without the liquorice aftertaste I'm finding I dont use it as much as I expected as some recipes are spoiled with the aftertaste.

Interesting

Posted by Reviewer1673715 on Aug 15, 2009

This is the first time I've used stevia, so I am learning its properties. It flavored iced tea without any bitterness. However, it did not dissolve well in a homemade vinaigrette. I could taste pockets of sweetness.

They state this brand has less bitter taste,

Posted by Reviewer1165315 on Oct 04, 2009

but it's still there. I have come accustomed to the taste so it is not a drawback for me. I enjoy having the convenience of being able to scoop what I need for cooking or baking, and not having to tear open small packets and try to measure. Still pricey.

stevia powder

Posted by Reviewer3245568 on Jul 02, 2010

This is a good product , I still prefer the tablets as they do not have the very slight bitter taste of the powder but the powder is good for cooking.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »