FR
EUR
Votre panier est vide
Mais ce n’est pas obligatoire,
Continuer mes achats.
Produit
Total :
Réduction :
Ensemble :
Quantité:
Payer
Les clients ont également acheté:

iHerb Commentaires des clients

€7.01

€7.24

Économie de: €0.23 (3 % de remise)

Désolé, ce produit n’est plus en stock.

Écrire un commentaire
  • Now Foods has explained that there is no ADDED salt in this product. The sodium listed is part of the sodium sulfate complex which is NOT salt (sodium chloride).

• Commentaires | English
    Trier par

Great Gelatin Replacement

Publié par rabbit le Sep 05, 2012

Agar is a really great gelatin replacement. It works as a thickening agent for cold foods, but will melt again when exposed to heat. This makes it perfect for vegan cheeses, gel desserts similar to Jello, pudding, and gummy candies. It contains both calcium and iron, which helps if you are a vegan trying to incorporate these essential vitamins into your diet. Agar has become a staple in my pantry.

Some Info & My Opinion

Publié par autumn le Jul 07, 2010

The manufacturer use-instructions for this item are just wrong : Shall One Add an Agar-Agar Amount Greater than 1.5 tsp. (teaspoon) to a "US Pint" (~473ml) Volume of Liquid, the outcome will usually be a Rock-Hard & Uneatable Hydrate ! (so hard that it might require a knife to handle it properly) --- Also, when boiled (while submerged in liquid), it emits an unpleasant potent algae/sea smell.

Agar Powder

Publié par Reviewer2377004 le Oct 27, 2007

GREAT. I'm very happy with this product. I take it after dinner and am able to avoid eating again during the evening hours.

super

Publié par Reviewer1202829 le Feb 28, 2011

Im making agar pudding with berrys and lemon ( + stevia) and it tastes great. it makes me really full - and hopefully slimmer in the long run since it's low calories and very filling) I use one table spoon of powder pr 1/2 liter water - wich is less than what the package describes.It makes the pudding perfect!

Very satisfied

Publié par Mjuuugly le Mar 30, 2010

Terrific vegan alternative to gelatin, tastes nothing and I use it in gel, mousse, dessert and soup.

Retired

Publié par Reviewer1620176 le Mar 25, 2008

Agar powder is a super food. I am so glad to find it here at such a reasonable price

Ce commentaire vous a-t-il été utile ?

Great, but doesn't work with certain fruits

Publié par MentaPiperita le May 27, 2014

I like this product very much. I use less than the recommended amount and I get very good results (3 level teaspoons for one litre of liquid gives a firm texture). However, it doesn't work with certain fruits. The first time I used it I tried to make pineapple jelly but it didn't set at all. I searched for information and read that the enzymes of certain fruits (like pineapple and kiwi) react with agar agar and prevent it from setting. Apart from that, it's an excellent substitute for gelatin, I can finally make vegetarian pudding and desserts! I will definitely buy again.

Ce commentaire vous a-t-il été utile ?

good product at good price

Publié par 4921697260692442527 le Oct 17, 2014

will buy again

Good product

Publié par 5232393925144283905 le Dec 05, 2014

This is the first time I've used agar agar so I have nothing to compare it to, but I used it to help set some homemade coconut yoghurt and it worked perfectly.

Ce commentaire vous a-t-il été utile ?

Great for thickening! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Publié par gettingwell le Jul 10, 2013

This seems like a small amount but it isn't because it goes a long, long way. I found that I only needed about 1/3 of what the recipe called for which was about 1/4 tsp. This is the same as agar agar and is a great replacement for a thickener to be used in jello's or Panna Cotta.

articles 1-10 sur 75