FR
EUR
Votre panier est vide
Mais ce n’est pas obligatoire,
Continuer mes achats.
View/Edit Cart Payer

iHerb Commentaires des clients

€9.29

€16.54

Économie de: €7.25 (44 % de remise)

Désolé, ce produit n’est plus en stock.

Écrire un commentaire
Commentaires | English
Trier par

Eye health!!!

Publié par Reviewer2944616 le Mar 23, 2014

Lutein is a carotenoid, not a vitamin. Humans consume 1 to 3 mg lutein per day. Food sources: dark green leafy vegetables and egg yolks. Kale and spinach have high concentrations. Corn and collard greens also have this substance. Oral supplementation with lutein and zeaxanthin increase the levels of macular pigments in the retina and plasma. Helps to prevent age related macular degeneration. Improves night vision and color perception. Good for skin and other tissues. May help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, particularly of the breast and lung, as well help prevent heart disease and stroke. Human eye cells treated with lutein and zeaxanthin showed less damage after being exposed to ultraviolet rays, the sunlight ingredient considered a major contributor to cataracts. Cataracts occur when proteins in the eye's lens begin to clump together, forming a milky cloud that obscures vision. It is thought that the more sunlight a person is exposed to in life, the greater the risk for cataracts. Suggested Use: One capsule with breakfast two or three times a week. There is a possibility that taking too high a dose could negatively alter the carotenoid balance in the retina and thus be counterproductive (if you get fuzzy vision, reduce the dose or take a few times a week, instead of daily, and it will normalize). *Age Related Macular degeneration symptom Loss of central vision is the most serious symptom. The first sign or symptom may be a need for more light during close-up work. Fine newsprint may become harder to read and street signs, particularly at night, more difficult to recognize. Gray or blank spots may mask the center of your visual field. Symptoms of macular degeneration usually develop gradually, but may sometimes progress rapidly, leading to severe vision loss in one or both eyes. There are two major types wet and dry. *Other supplements & vitamins for eye health: DHA (fish oil)

protect you eyes!!

Publié par Reviewer1934906 le Aug 19, 2010

I am an eye doctor. Ophthalmologic research now proves the necessity of lutein and zeaxanthin in our daily diet. It protects us from macular degeneration, improves night vision, decreases glare, and reduces cataract onset by 38%! These findings are from the AREDS ll study. Lutein and zeaxanthin are now standard of care treatment in ophthalmology! I personally have taken this product for several years. On Macular Pigment Optical Density testing, I score 45% above the minimum needed to protect the macula from degeneration!

Dr. Advise

Publié par Reviewer2764061 le Jan 05, 2010

An optometrist suggested that I start taking 20mg of Lutein a day to help maintain healthy eyes and it might help prevent Macular Degenerate Eye Disease.

Great eye supplement

Publié par Jasmine44 le Feb 06, 2010

Jarrow is usually one of my favorites & I got this lutein for my husband who was diagnosed with macular degeneration & retinal issues early last Fall. Immediately he started taking lutein, bilberry, & a vision formula and within weeks noticed that the blurred central vision and diminished overall vision had started to improve, to the point that he no longer needs reading glasses all of the time.Additionally,his general distance vision has greatly improved. We can't wait to revisit his eye specialist to get the official results of how he is doing. I started taking the lutein too and notice much less eye strain when reading, on the computer, etc.

Ce commentaire vous a-t-il été utile ?

The potency is certified for this eye health support supplement

Publié par Reviewer2828609 le Jun 04, 2008

I use lutein for eye health support, and this brand's potency is certified to be all there, so I re-order over and over.

"Must have" suppliment!

Publié par nirinki le Mar 07, 2013

I have been taking it since my lasik surgery- you literately SEE the difference. I am glad that I was taking it though all my pregnancy, and very surprised it is not widely advertised by OBGYN. Since it supports women health as well as eyes

Lutein

Publié par Reviewer2449495 le Jul 31, 2008

I would prefer a higher dosage of this, but I will continue taking it in the highest mg. I can find. It was recommended to me by an opthamologist as, along with bilberry, a wonderful aid to better eyesight.

Eyesight helper

Publié par Reviewer2457612 le Sep 14, 2009

I just started using this product so it's too soon to review. Macular degeneration is sneaky and dangerous; it runs in my mother's family and I know I don't want it to happen to me. Starting to reinforce my eyesight at 65 may help me to avoid the disease.

Great Product

Publié par Reviewer1789401 le Oct 22, 2008

Hi Potency formula contains more Lutein than higher priced nationally advertised "occular" type formulas. Have been on this formula for 6 years and seems to have stopped and reversed my symptoms of macular degeneration. Iherb has the best price I have found on this formula.

seems to be workin

Publié par Reviewer2467665 le Nov 15, 2009

I'm always looking for a good eye formula & this one is the best so far - noticed a marked improvement in my eyes - they stay more moist, too

articles 1-10 sur 142