10% Off Orders Over $40!

Crio Brü, Brewed Cocoa, Cavalla, 12 oz (340 g)

€9.57
€10.36
Savings of: €0.78 (8% Off)

Don't Expect Hot Chocolate

Posted by zigzagza on Nov 06, 2013

I think many people are disappointed because they expect a cup of milky sweet hot chocolate. And yes, it does brew into a cup of light brown murkiness. Having already known that, I was not disappointed with the good chocolatey aroma. Think of it as the chocolate version of coffee beans. I sweetened it with condensed milk for a morning drink. For a more desert-like treat, I add a spoonful of Dagoba Cocoa Powder. So good! I think this product is not for coffee drinkers - they would be disappointed by the lack of ooomph and colour. But it's good if, like me, you're not a coffee drinker and want something other than tea during breakfast.

Love

Posted by Reviewer1166416 on Mar 03, 2014

I quit coffee almost a year ago, and have been drinking decaf, but I am now a convert. I think this is the lightest, and mildest, of the Crio Bru flavors, but it is still relish! Like the other reviews say, don't expect coffee or hot chocolate. It is a little thinner than both, but if you remove any expectations of either of these, you will be amazed. I love it with a little almond milk and coconut sugar.

GReat alternative to coffee

Posted by Reviewer2819845 on Dec 10, 2013

Purchased this as an alternative to coffee for my husband. I drink it too now. A drip filter seems to make it best rather than a plunger. Very pleasant to drink - especially at night when coffee is not an option for me for sleeping.

Crio bru brewed cocoa cavalla

Posted by 4986393346798212166 on Jun 18, 2014

this smells way way better then it tastes in saying that i have had no cravings for coffee since using this i also think if i could add honey to it it would be wonderful

Too oily!

Posted by 5530581846663867475 on Aug 30, 2014

I wanted to try something new and I know I shouldn't have expected a regular hot chocolate, but... It really is oily. After you brew it you can actually see the fat floating on the surface of your drink. I tried brewing it in many ways: using paper tea filter, regular teapot, coffee press and italian coffee express. I got the best result with the last one, but it was still too much fat. If there was a way to remove the fat, I would drink it, because the taste itself is really nice.